Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reply to Michael Jackson On Race – and Who He Saw in the Mirror




I read this article called, Michael Jackson On Race – and Who He Saw in the Mirror. http://www.racialicious.com/2009/06/30/michael-jackson-on-race-%e2%80%93-and-who-he-saw-in-the-mirror/ Race is a big deal in this society. This article talks about how Michael Jackson felt about being black and if he was trying to erase who he really was. Michael spent his adult life turning himself white.

Michael did admit that he does not like the man he sees in the mirror. He could have not wanted to look like his father, who was a tyrannical father. Michael has never had any problems with African Americans. On an interview on the Oprah show, Michael said, "I'm a black American. I am proud of my race. I am proud of who I am." There are so many reasons that Michael Jackson could have changed his appearance, but is he a race traitor?

I think that we could never really know. We don't know him well enough to judge him. We don't know how his life was growing up and what he had to dealt with. But in my heart, I do believe that Michael Jackson wasn't trying to erase his race.

2 comments:

  1. Im right along with you and i feel that they should leave him along. And yes nobody knew hi that well to say or judge anything that he did or said...so yeah i like your i believe because i believe that to! RIP Michael Jackson...TRUE KING of EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said "We don't know him well enough to judge him". That says a lot because everyone judges and they really don't know the real who. So who are people to judge?.. NO one should judge. I think this is a good point.

    ReplyDelete